1 (editado por MarSAttK 05.07.2008 16:34:14)

Tema: Fluke - Flac @ iTunes

Estaba intentando adoptar flac pero como se ha hablado antes, no es soportado nativamente por iTunes.
Fluke es un programa que permite al iTunes reproducir este tipo de archivos de música (compresión sin pérdida de calidad AKA lossless) haciéndole creer que es un "QuickTime movie file". Hay otras maneras pero esta me pareció bastante sencilla porque lo único que hay que hacer es abrir la canción con fluke y se añade a la lista en iTunes.

Dejo la página del blog donde lo encontré
http://earpick.cubicfruit.com/2008/05/1 … in-itunes/

Mi idea original era usar flac en el iPod pero desafortunadamente no conseguí importarlos. Todavía queda la opción de convertir flac a Apple lossless o aiff.

Enjoy audiophiles!

"I feel the need... the need... for speed!"
Lt. Pete Mitchell & Lt. Nick Bradshaw

Re: Fluke - Flac @ iTunes

Ahi va, muy bueno el pique MarS big_smile

Re: Fluke - Flac @ iTunes

encontré este comentario en un foro por ahí - y una respuesta.

no me parece que ninguno ignore Fluke, pero voy a cruzar la información a ver que pasa-

Hi folks.

Alright I know some of the benefits of FLAC over ALAC - free, open-source, widely-used among audiophiles and lossless traders, etc.  I've also noticed that most FLACs tend to be about 3-4% smaller than ALACs, although this is debatable since FLACs can have different compression rates.

BUT I'm a Mac user, most of my audiojunkie pals are too.  And iTunes, limitations and all, is the standard for playback and management on most every Mac user's computer... and more and more PC users too.  iTunes can play FLACs, but barely - unstable at best - and tags are usually lost if you don't use xAct or Max (I use Max for most every conversion nowadays)... and sometimes even if you do.

And though EAC had promised to port to Mac and Linux several years ago, they now say they have no plans to actually do it anymore.

Here's what I'm getting at:
I have lots of ALAC albums, several hundred actually.  Some converted from FLAC, others ripped from disc.  I want to hear opinions from other Mac users about what format they use and why, how they manage and play their audio libraries, and what, if anything, they use to manage, generate and utilize checksum logs, cue sheets, etc.

~ Pedro.
I'm a Mac user & used to upload AAC ripped in iTunes until I was persuaded of the benefits of Lossless, so I started uploading Apple Lossless which caused me to be bombarded with endless queries about whether ALAC was really lossless & how to convert them to something that didn't need to played in iTunes.

I persisted with ALAC (just to annoy the zealots wink until the last Demonoid crash. Then I started to upload to other sites using Pando & Rapidshare so I changed to Flac ripped with xACT. xACT produces a log file, can make fingerprint & md5s.
Not aware of any Mac program that produces usable cue files.
In my opinion the log files are a rough guide only, I've had them say everything ripped ok but the files don't play back properly.

I like the way iTunes organises things, but as I upload flac & most downloads are flac or ape I rarely use it now except for loading my iPod. I usually burn files to CDs if I like them & listen to them through my stereo.
I use Cog for listening to music files on my macs & XLD to convert them.

"There was nothing so very remarkable in that; nor did Alice think it so very much out of the way to hear the Rabbit say to itself, 'Oh dear! Oh dear!  I shall be too late'."