Tema: Update para iPod Classic. Que Gano?

Eso....que gano con acutalizar mi iPod classic? alguien sabe? notaron algo difente?

salud !

Re: Update para iPod Classic. Que Gano?

Yo cuando lo compré lo actualicé a la versión 1.1.3 y me está andando bárbaro.

-- watching --

Google is your friend...

Shortly after the release of these new iPods—and after the classic review was published— Apple issued iPod Software Update 1.0.1 (available via iTunes). In typical Apple fashion, the company provided few details about what benefits the update provided. Our tests, however, revealed two noticeable results.

The first is that the iPods’ interfaces became more responsive. The slow screen redraws disappeared and the click wheel no longer paused. The interfaces of the iPod classic and 3G nano remain slower than the interfaces of their most recent predecessors—the fifth-generation iPod and second-generation iPod nano. But while slower than these earlier models, the current iPods respond consistently rather than slowing down intermittently as they once did.

Apple's iPod Classic and iPod Nano has been updated to 1.0.2 via iTunes.

The new update comes without any description, but a couple of early reports:

- Improved Cover Flow
- Faster menu navigation
- Compilation Album Art displayed only once in Cover Flow
- Video Out Fix

Overall, it appears to address many of the performance concerns that many had when the Classic iPod first came out.

Apple’s most recent software update for the iPod nano and iPod classic, version 1.0.3, has surreptitiously added additional features to the devices’ TV out functionality. Once the software has been installed, the four-option Video Settings menu becomes a five-option list, with prior option Fullscreen On/Off being replaced by TV Screen Standard/Widescreen and Fit to Screen On/Off. The new features are intended to help the iPods output TV-ready video that is properly formatted for the type of display that’s connected, however, your results may vary depending on your TV and its settings.

Once the video is playing, version 1.0.3 restores a feature found in fifth-generation iPods but heretofore not in the iPod classic and iPod nano: an on-screen display (OSD) of your current location in the movie’s timeline, along with a pause indicator. These displays look different and a little more like iTunes’ own video playback scrubber than before; they are accompanied by a battery indicator.

Improvements that I have noticed:

- The Clicker now has options for Off, Speaker, Headphones and Both.

- When you scroll down to now playing on the main menu, when a song does not have album art, it now shows the song name, artist and album, rather than just the song name.

- Playlists are ordered in the order they are in iTunes, rather than just alphabetically.

- Music videos are now listed under their artists, rather than just all together.

Unfortunately, Cover flow is still listed by artist, rather than album artist. Hopefully they will fix that next time

15" MacBook Pro w/Touch Bar, Quad Core i7 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Mac OS X High Sierra + 27" BenQ Display + Netgear X4S
iPhone X 256GB (White) + iPad Air LTE (White) + AirPods + AppleTV 4

yo que vos ya ni me molesto con el classic y me tiro al nuevo iPhone, o sea el tamaño de la pantalla es impresionante, es mucho más práctico, y además te sacás dos problemas de una!

Pero el Classic tiene 10 veces más memoria...

15" MacBook Pro w/Touch Bar, Quad Core i7 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Mac OS X High Sierra + 27" BenQ Display + Netgear X4S
iPhone X 256GB (White) + iPad Air LTE (White) + AirPods + AppleTV 4

Mac08 escribió:

yo que vos ya ni me molesto con el classic y me tiro al nuevo iPhone, o sea el tamaño de la pantalla es impresionante, es mucho más práctico, y además te sacás dos problemas de una!

Son funcionalidades completamente distintas en mi opinion, en el iPod podes tener todo o casi todo lo que tenes en la Mac.

7 (editado por tiagophotos 20.06.2008 17:17:51)

ni ahi....odio los celulares...me quedo con el iPod y disfruto de mi nokia 1100 horrible y simple !