Tema: Wellcome Image Awards

http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/en/wia/images/20.jpg

Red blood cells
A carpet of red blood cells clearly showing their typical biconcave disc shape. This highly flexible shape provides a large surface area for absorption and release of oxygen and carbon dioxide, and allows the cells to move easily through the finest of capillaries. Colour-enhanced scanning electron micrograph by Dave McCarthy and Annie Cavanagh.

http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/en/wia/images/18.jpg

Prostate cancer cells
A clump of prostate cancer cells. The bluey-green cells are actively growing, whereas the pink ones are in the process of dying by programmed cell death (apoptosis). Many factors are involved in the development of cancers, most of which ultimately have an effect on different sets of genes within the cell. Some of these genes control growth and others programmed cell death. When a group of cells have mutations that tell them to divide faster than they are told to die, cancer can result. Colour-enhanced scanning electron micrograph by Dave McCarthy and Annie Cavanagh.

http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/en/wia/images/5.jpg

Mid-gestation mouse embryo
The new technique of Optical Projection Tomography (OPT) helps to reveal the internal structures of stained whole embryos and small pieces of tissue without the need for cutting sections. The mouse embryo shown here has been stained to show parts of the nervous system in green, the floor of the spinal cord and other tissue in blue and the heart in red. Unstained tissue appears grey. The OPT technique enables different elements of the staining patterns to be revealed in more detail using the computer to selectively remove overlying tissue. This process can be observed in the accompanying on-screen animation.
Optical Projection Tomography image by James Sharpe.

http://www.wellcome.ac.uk/en/wia/images/9.jpg

HIV
Internal structure of an HIV particle. The clarity of this image comes from the technique of cryo-electron tomography, where many images of slices through a virus particle are put together by computer to reconstruct the whole particle. The structures revealed are the conical red capsid, made up of a single type of viral protein. It encloses the viral RNA along with the reverse transcriptase enzyme, which copies the virus's RNA genome into DNA. The membrane that encapsulates the virus is shown in blue. Viruses can only reproduce if they are inside another cell, known as the host cell. The yellow area between the core and the membrane of the virus is called the lateral body; it includes proteases and probably remnants of material from that host cell. Cryo-electron tomography image by Stephen Fuller.

Más en Wellcome Image Awards.

MacBook Pro Retina 15" + MacBook Air M2 15” + Apple Studio Display 27" + Apple Thunderbolt Display 27" + iPhone 14 Pro + iPad 2 + Newton 100
"Iguana iguana Powersurgius"

Re: Wellcome Image Awards

Impresionante!

MacacoSoldier ... Por favor, lee y respetá las reglas del foro.
Mac mini (Late 2014) | Mac mini (Mid 2010) | iPhone SE | Newton 110

Macintosh for Productivity, iPhone for Mobility, Linux for Development, Windows for Gaming

Idem FM, impresionantes fotos!

Mac Pro 12-Core/HT Xeon 3.46 / 128 GB DDR3 /  2 TB SSD M.2 PCIe + 5.5 TB HDD / GTX 680 4 GB Classified/ Blu-Ray SuperDrive / USB3 / iSight FW
Mac Pro 12-Core/HT Xeon 3.46 / 64 GB DDR3 /  1 TB SSD / Radeon 580 3 GB / Gigabyte Titan Thunderbolt.
MacBook Air 13" / i7 / 8 GB DDR3 / 256 GB SSD / MacBook Air 11" / i5 / 4 GB DDR3 / 128 GB SSD + MacBook 12" / Core m3 / 8 GB LPDDR3 / 256 SSD. TB Cinema Display 27".
iPhone 15 Pro Max 256 GB Blue / iPad Air 2 64 GB Wi-Fi+LTE / AirPods / Apple Watch Serie 5 Silver GPS / Airport Extreme & Express / Magic Mouse / Mighty Mouse BT / Alu Keyboard / HK SoundSticks II

ésta es la posta:
http://images.wellcome.ac.uk/indexplus/db_images/800x550-water/B0006000/B0006484.jpg

cuando lo supe, en invierno de 2006, me caí sentado junto al paradigma que se caía tb.
las neuronas embrionarias en la luz del tubo neural podrían ser capaces de migrar por la estructura neurofibrilar del cerebro hacia las zonas destruídas y regenerar la función allí. aún no se sabe cómo activar el gen que permite eso, por lo cual permanecen en estado quiescente.
no sé si me entenderán a lo que me refiero.

sigo con laburo ahora ...

"There was nothing so very remarkable in that; nor did Alice think it so very much out of the way to hear the Rabbit say to itself, 'Oh dear! Oh dear!  I shall be too late'."

Lo parió!!!! Las fotos y el comentariod e Groucho. Impresionante la naturaleza.

Sólo hay 2 cosas infinitas: el Universo y la estupidez humana. Y no estoy muy seguro de la primera
                                      Albert Einstein

Están muy buenas!
Me hubiera gustado tenerlas disponibles en mayor tamaño para hacer un buen Wallpaper...

"I feel the need... the need... for speed!"
Lt. Pete Mitchell & Lt. Nick Bradshaw

Yo también. Sobre todo de los globulines smile

MacBook Pro Retina 15" + MacBook Air M2 15” + Apple Studio Display 27" + Apple Thunderbolt Display 27" + iPhone 14 Pro + iPad 2 + Newton 100
"Iguana iguana Powersurgius"